Replacing a lamp is part of the ongoing maintenance required when using a projector. Many projectors make this easy to do, and can be done with the projector still mounted on whatever surface it is fixed to.
Use this guide to give you a general feel on how to replace a projector lamp if your lamp is nearing the end of its life/
Note: This guide is based on the Epson Brightlink 475wi, but can be used as a general guide on how to replace a projector lamp. If you have any complications replacing a projector lamp, contact the manufacturer or the installer.
Before you replace the lamp, let the projector cool down for at least one hour so the lamp will not be hot.
Warning: Let the lamp fully cool before replacing it to avoid injury.
You can replace the lamp while the projector is mounted on the wall or ceiling.
1.Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
2. Allow the projector lamp to cool down for at least one hour.
Warning: If the lamp is broken, glass fragments may be loose inside the lamp chamber. Be careful removing any broken glass to avoid injury. If the projector is mounted on the wall or ceiling, stand to the side in case the lamp is broken.
3. Use the screwdriver included with the replacement lamp to loosen the screw securing the lamp cover.
4. Slide off the lamp cover.
5. Loosen the screws securing the lamp to the projector. The screws do not come all the way out.
6. Lift up the lamp handle and gently pull the lamp out of the projector.
Note: The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put in the trash.
7. Gently insert the new lamp into the projector along the guide rail. If it does not fit easily, make sure it is facing the right way. Press the handle down.
8. Tighten the screws to secure the lamp.
9. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw to secure it.
Note: Be sure the lamp cover is securely installed or the lamp will not come on.
Contact us if you’re still having problems with your projector lamp
If you have any questions related to projectors or need assistance with your custom audio visual requirements, contact a DIB Audio Visual Solutions Consultant today Phone (03) 9457-4800 or contact us